My Muse

In Greek mythology there were nine muses. Three of them were deticated to poetry. Calliope was for Epic Poetry which has now turned into today's general writing. Erato for lyric Poetry, that has become is today's prose. Lastly, Polyhymnia for Choral Poetry, things like hymns or songs fall in this catagory. So I am tapping into my muses, Calliope, Erato, and Polyhymnia; and giving you my soul.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rebecca Dawson

She Knew. As she walked through the aisles of Wal-mart, she knew. It wasn’t the prideful pity-filled stares from the other soccer moms, or the unique way they let her almost hear what they were saying as she walked by that told her. No. She had known long before their small gossipmonger brains ever had a chance to find out. Her Darling Husband of ten years was indeed, Cheating.



Rebecca Dawson had followed her lot in life. She climbed her social ladder. Married a man one step above her, had 2.5 kids, and went to the gym four times a week to keep her figure. Her degree in college wasn’t important, according to her mother and father. “Pick anything” they said. “Remember we met in College.” So she did. Her multiple degrees in Bio-chemical engineering was doing nothing but gathering dust. Instead, her M.R.S. degree was out there for the world to see. She quit her research on stem cells and their affects on cancer to become a mom. They didn’t need her income to get by; James made enough as an Investment Banker. They lived comfortably. They had a quite nice five bedroom ranch style house with a portico and a pool. The Pool. That is how she knew.


With her sons being 8 and 7, Rebecca knew they would have no idea about girls and their bikinis. Especially losing their bikinis in the pool. Her husband however, had a nice pretty secretary that was just the size of this hot magenta flowered suit. This was weeks ago. Now it was time to put her plan in to action. With the boys at the sitters, She found him in his study.


“James”


“What Becky. I have to finish this for work.”


“Fine, while you finish that I need you to sign this. Oh and if you need the boys and I from now on we will be in the new house I bought in Bridson.”


“What? These are divorce papers!! You can’t afford Bridson. What is going on Becky?”


“One, My name is Rebecca. I hate it and have always hated it when you call me Becky. Two, I believe This” throws pink bikini on the desk “belongs to someone you know. And Three, Yes I can I have a P.H.D. in Bio Chemical Engineering and a job I started last week. I still got it after all these years Darling and you, sadly you don’t.”


With that She was gone. Into the night. For the first time in ten years she smiled.
 
Until the fates Let us,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment